Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Is it right to spend all one's wealth in the way of Allah and leave nothing for one's children?

Hazrat Saad bin Abi Waqas (may Allah be pleased with him) says: I became very ill in the year of the Farewell Hajj. When the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to visit me, I said:  I am a man and I have no heir. If I have only one daughter, should I donate two thirds of my wealth?  The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, 'No, I said,' Shall I give half of my wealth in charity? 'The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said,' No. '  The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Yes, give one-third of your wealth in charity, and one-third is enough. Leave your heirs to the rich.  And whatever you spend for the pleasure of Allah, you will surely be rewarded by Allah, even if you put a morsel in your wife's mouth, you will be rewarded.
Hazrat Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I asked or the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) that it seems to me that the Muhajireen will go back with you from Makkah.  And I will die here in Mecca, and since I emigrated from Mecca, I no longer want to die here.  The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: No, your life will be long (and you will not die of this disease here) and whatever good deeds you do will raise your rank and increase your honor.  Through you, Islam and Muslims will benefit a lot and others will suffer a lot.  Therefore, Hazrat Saad bin Abi Waqas became the means of conquering Iraq.

Post a Comment

0 Comments